THE U-Pick GARDEN will be closing August 20th. This will be the last year the garden will be open to the public. Next year I'll be operating as a CSA, supplying about 20 regular customers with weekly boxes. Thank you for your support over the last 8 years, but it's time to try something new.

To get a copy of my book, "How To Grow Vegetables In Sitka, Alaska" just give me a call....The books are $20 plus tax. If you live out of town and want me to mail you a copy, you can mail a check for $25.60 to:

Lori Adams
P O Box 6021
Sitka, Alaska
99835


Down To Earth U-Pick Garden is located at 2103 Sawmill Creek Road in Sitka, Alaska. It is open usually from mid-June through late August. Hours are Monday-Saturday 12:00 to 6:30. On Farmer's Market Saturdays I am not open until 2:00. Children are welcome but may not run through the garden or chase the ducks. If you have any questions you can contact me, Lori Adams, at 907-747-6108 or 907-738-2241. My email address is downtoearthupick@gmail.com

Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Poppies Are Popping

This morning before church Mr. Adams and I made a little trip to the beach to collect some more seashell sand.  Those greedy ducks just keep gobbling it up!


After church we went home and I made lunch - Oatmeal for Levi, halibut cheeks for us.  He is recovering nicely.  After lunch I headed outside to enjoy the mild weather..It just feels like things are finally starting to grow!

The Oriental Poppies are opening up...


The peas are not near as far along right now as they were this time last year,


But they look healthy and I spotted the first pea pod today!


There are a few apples developing...


A few tomatoes are turning red...


My fragrant white Sitka Rose is blooming...


And the raspberries are filling out...


We have picked raspberries on the 4th of July on earlier years...but this year we are weeks away from ripe raspberries.

I finished the carrot row today...Hurray!  Each section was reseeded as I weeded it and I am happy to see that in the first section the seeds have already germinated.


Things are looking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment