THE U-Pick GARDEN will be closing August 20th. This will be the last year the garden will be open to the public. Next year I'll be operating as a CSA, supplying about 20 regular customers with weekly boxes. Thank you for your support over the last 8 years, but it's time to try something new.

To get a copy of my book, "How To Grow Vegetables In Sitka, Alaska" just give me a call....The books are $20 plus tax. If you live out of town and want me to mail you a copy, you can mail a check for $25.60 to:

Lori Adams
P O Box 6021
Sitka, Alaska
99835


Down To Earth U-Pick Garden is located at 2103 Sawmill Creek Road in Sitka, Alaska. It is open usually from mid-June through late August. Hours are Monday-Saturday 12:00 to 6:30. On Farmer's Market Saturdays I am not open until 2:00. Children are welcome but may not run through the garden or chase the ducks. If you have any questions you can contact me, Lori Adams, at 907-747-6108 or 907-738-2241. My email address is downtoearthupick@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Busy Day Is A Good Day

I worked on paperwork this morning until it was time to open the garden.  Some people say love makes the word go around, I say it's paperwork!

It's so nice to get most of the row covers off the crops.  I love seeing all the beautiful vegetables.


I think I will leave the cover on the carrots until they are ready to pick.  That will keep people from messing with them!

Now that the covers are off I can see all the weeds.  I took some time to pull some of them today.


It was nice enough that Kitty even came out to hang out with me!


I had quite a few customers stop in...all in all it was a busy, good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment