THE U-Pick GARDEN will be closing August 20th. This will be the last year the garden will be open to the public. Next year I'll be operating as a CSA, supplying about 20 regular customers with weekly boxes. Thank you for your support over the last 8 years, but it's time to try something new.

To get a copy of my book, "How To Grow Vegetables In Sitka, Alaska" just give me a call....The books are $20 plus tax. If you live out of town and want me to mail you a copy, you can mail a check for $25.60 to:

Lori Adams
P O Box 6021
Sitka, Alaska
99835


Down To Earth U-Pick Garden is located at 2103 Sawmill Creek Road in Sitka, Alaska. It is open usually from mid-June through late August. Hours are Monday-Saturday 12:00 to 6:30. On Farmer's Market Saturdays I am not open until 2:00. Children are welcome but may not run through the garden or chase the ducks. If you have any questions you can contact me, Lori Adams, at 907-747-6108 or 907-738-2241. My email address is downtoearthupick@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

It's A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood

It was unexpectedly nice to day...the forecast was for rain!  Tomorrow is supposed to be pretty nice too.  It was just like medicine to sit in the sun pulling weeds today.  Much better than having frozen fingers and rain dripping off the end of your nose all day!  


Business was good.  I sold some broccoli today!  Just a small head.  I see a few radishes that are ready to pick too. 

Since the evening was so mild Mr. Adams and I took Lucy for a walk.  She has such a boring life...I feel guilty all the time for ignoring her so much....but the garden demands almost all of my time.  (and you should see the laundry that is piling up!)


I am half way done weeding the carrot bed.  The weeds are the worst I've ever seen them...I guess they like rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment