THE U-Pick GARDEN will be closing August 20th. This will be the last year the garden will be open to the public. Next year I'll be operating as a CSA, supplying about 20 regular customers with weekly boxes. Thank you for your support over the last 8 years, but it's time to try something new.

To get a copy of my book, "How To Grow Vegetables In Sitka, Alaska" just give me a call....The books are $20 plus tax. If you live out of town and want me to mail you a copy, you can mail a check for $25.60 to:

Lori Adams
P O Box 6021
Sitka, Alaska
99835


Down To Earth U-Pick Garden is located at 2103 Sawmill Creek Road in Sitka, Alaska. It is open usually from mid-June through late August. Hours are Monday-Saturday 12:00 to 6:30. On Farmer's Market Saturdays I am not open until 2:00. Children are welcome but may not run through the garden or chase the ducks. If you have any questions you can contact me, Lori Adams, at 907-747-6108 or 907-738-2241. My email address is downtoearthupick@gmail.com

Thursday, April 19, 2012

My Thumb Hurts

It was supposed to rain and blow today.  It blew alright, but fortunately it did not rain.  I almost finished the fencing for the carrot bed but ran out of materials so I called it a day.  Look, the meteorite crater is gone!


I hit my thumb with the hammer earlier today and it really hurts.  I'm glad Mr. Adams can't see it- he has a solution for this type of injury that he swears by...he drills a tiny hole through the thumb nail to relieve the pressure.  I am always too scared to try it!  I'd rather suffer in silence then let him know I've hit my thumb nail.
One thing about Sitka that I love is how generous people are.  Hardly a week goes by that someone doesn't pop it with a little something.  Many times I'll come home and there will just be something in the driveway that someone left for us...leaving no clue who they are.  Today was one of those days.  I came home from town and found this...


Wasn't that nice?  I am always using fencing.  In addition to the fencing one of my egg customers brought me some of the eggs that he had cooked a special way.  They were SCRUMPTIOUS!!    One time when we were out on the boat someone left a recliner in our garage.  No one ever claimed it and we never found out who had left it.  Ben decided that he might as well use it so he brought it in and put it into his room! 


2 comments:

  1. Have yourself a stiff drink and the pain will disappear---momentarily!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I wish I was a drinker!

    ReplyDelete