THE U-Pick GARDEN will be closing August 20th. This will be the last year the garden will be open to the public. Next year I'll be operating as a CSA, supplying about 20 regular customers with weekly boxes. Thank you for your support over the last 8 years, but it's time to try something new.

To get a copy of my book, "How To Grow Vegetables In Sitka, Alaska" just give me a call....The books are $20 plus tax. If you live out of town and want me to mail you a copy, you can mail a check for $25.60 to:

Lori Adams
P O Box 6021
Sitka, Alaska
99835


Down To Earth U-Pick Garden is located at 2103 Sawmill Creek Road in Sitka, Alaska. It is open usually from mid-June through late August. Hours are Monday-Saturday 12:00 to 6:30. On Farmer's Market Saturdays I am not open until 2:00. Children are welcome but may not run through the garden or chase the ducks. If you have any questions you can contact me, Lori Adams, at 907-747-6108 or 907-738-2241. My email address is downtoearthupick@gmail.com

Friday, April 20, 2012

Into Each Life A Little Rain Must Fall

To save time today I asked Levi to go into town and buy my supplies.  It's so great to have another driver in the family!  One of the items that I asked him to buy was a 16 foot 2"x 4".  I explained my method for getting a really long item to fit into a small car and off he went.  Here is a photo of him when he got home.  He said it worked but seemed a little sketchy to him. On the drive home he felt like he was "car jousting"!


My luck ran out with the weather today...it started to rain at about noon.  It wasn't bad at first but as the day wore on it got worse.  I don't mind working in the rain, it's the mud that makes it so hard.  By the time I finished the fencing job all the tools were caked with mud.


I threw a plastic tarp over the finished product so the dirt will be dry enough tomorrow for sifting.  Carrots do not like rocks and gravel.  If it is still raining I will just have to rig up a "tent".  

 After washing up the tools it was nice to come in by the fire to dry out.


Quitting early in the day is a bummer but there is always plenty of things to do indoors to keep me busy.  For one, I could finish Ben's room...he will be coming home during the time I will be out on the boat.  Do you think I will be able to get it done in time?


Yikes!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you need a few clones. :) And I can't believe how grown up Levi is looking! He looks like Ben in that photo. I think Levi will always be 11 in my eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete