THE U-Pick GARDEN will be closing August 20th. This will be the last year the garden will be open to the public. Next year I'll be operating as a CSA, supplying about 20 regular customers with weekly boxes. Thank you for your support over the last 8 years, but it's time to try something new.

To get a copy of my book, "How To Grow Vegetables In Sitka, Alaska" just give me a call....The books are $20 plus tax. If you live out of town and want me to mail you a copy, you can mail a check for $25.60 to:

Lori Adams
P O Box 6021
Sitka, Alaska
99835


Down To Earth U-Pick Garden is located at 2103 Sawmill Creek Road in Sitka, Alaska. It is open usually from mid-June through late August. Hours are Monday-Saturday 12:00 to 6:30. On Farmer's Market Saturdays I am not open until 2:00. Children are welcome but may not run through the garden or chase the ducks. If you have any questions you can contact me, Lori Adams, at 907-747-6108 or 907-738-2241. My email address is downtoearthupick@gmail.com

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Stuff, Lots And Lots Of Stuff

We hauled most of the stuff off the boat today and it has to go somewhere.  The only place warm and dry is in the house.  So this is what we do each summer, we stack it in the house and walk around it.

Stuff in the hall...


Stuff in the kitchen...


Stuff in the living room...


And stuff in our bedroom...


There is also a ton of stuff that is stored outside!  The kids get annoyed by all the stuff, but that's the way it goes for now.

I tinkered around a bit in the garden and am excited to really dig in and get ready for opening day, Monday, June 18.

I was surprised to see how big the tomatoes got while I was gone.


This primrose is my absolute favorite.  It has this weird shape, sort of a drooping look, but it smells amazing!  It doesn't put out a lot of scent all the time, mostly in the evening, but the scent reminds me of a coconutty Hawaiian vacation!


2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I'm so jealous of your spinach and lettuce. Mine is coming along but doesn't look nearly as good as yours. Evonne

    ReplyDelete