THE U-Pick GARDEN will be closing August 20th. This will be the last year the garden will be open to the public. Next year I'll be operating as a CSA, supplying about 20 regular customers with weekly boxes. Thank you for your support over the last 8 years, but it's time to try something new.

To get a copy of my book, "How To Grow Vegetables In Sitka, Alaska" just give me a call....The books are $20 plus tax. If you live out of town and want me to mail you a copy, you can mail a check for $25.60 to:

Lori Adams
P O Box 6021
Sitka, Alaska
99835


Down To Earth U-Pick Garden is located at 2103 Sawmill Creek Road in Sitka, Alaska. It is open usually from mid-June through late August. Hours are Monday-Saturday 12:00 to 6:30. On Farmer's Market Saturdays I am not open until 2:00. Children are welcome but may not run through the garden or chase the ducks. If you have any questions you can contact me, Lori Adams, at 907-747-6108 or 907-738-2241. My email address is downtoearthupick@gmail.com

Saturday, June 23, 2012

It's HOT Outside!

The plants are really in shock after 2 hot days!  I hear that rain is on it's way though, so things will probably get back to normal.

We went garage saling this morning.  I got one really good find....this step stool...for $10!!!!


I LOVE IT!!!!! And it looks great in my kitchen.

It was a busy day at the garden.  Not a lot of customers, but lots of visiting and networking...which I love!  I didn't get much done as far as work is concerned - just some watering and weeding.



It's nice to have such a smart phone...now I can listen to music while I work.  I listen to KLOVE, Contemporary Christian music...it just makes my day go so much better!


I'm closed on Sunday.  It will be nice for the spinach patch to get a break.  It's been picked over pretty good this week.

1 comment: