THE U-Pick GARDEN will be closing August 20th. This will be the last year the garden will be open to the public. Next year I'll be operating as a CSA, supplying about 20 regular customers with weekly boxes. Thank you for your support over the last 8 years, but it's time to try something new.

To get a copy of my book, "How To Grow Vegetables In Sitka, Alaska" just give me a call....The books are $20 plus tax. If you live out of town and want me to mail you a copy, you can mail a check for $25.60 to:

Lori Adams
P O Box 6021
Sitka, Alaska
99835


Down To Earth U-Pick Garden is located at 2103 Sawmill Creek Road in Sitka, Alaska. It is open usually from mid-June through late August. Hours are Monday-Saturday 12:00 to 6:30. On Farmer's Market Saturdays I am not open until 2:00. Children are welcome but may not run through the garden or chase the ducks. If you have any questions you can contact me, Lori Adams, at 907-747-6108 or 907-738-2241. My email address is downtoearthupick@gmail.com

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Picture Day

Today was a boring day, so rather than posting absolutely nothing, Connie and I adventured around the garden and took some pictures for you to gaze at. Also, we pulled a fast one on the ducks! Connie told me that since she has to let the two mamas access the pond by themselves, she locks the rest of the ducks out of the hutch all day, and because of that, when she opens the hutch back up in the evenings, all the duckies are waiting to get in. So we went out there at like 8:15 with some food as extra incentive, and duped them into going in early! Bwahahahaha!

Here's a really clever animation of us doing just that.




We've been duped!

Also, Connie planted some nasturtiums around the garden for some extra flavor.


And cleaned and tidied the sunroom...


Peas, turnips, spinach, and asparagus are flourishing.





Sorry for the blurriness. Couldn't get the camera to focus.

I took some pictures of flowers around the garden, but since I've already posted so many pictures, I'll save them for another day. Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment