THE U-Pick GARDEN will be closing August 20th. This will be the last year the garden will be open to the public. Next year I'll be operating as a CSA, supplying about 20 regular customers with weekly boxes. Thank you for your support over the last 8 years, but it's time to try something new.

To get a copy of my book, "How To Grow Vegetables In Sitka, Alaska" just give me a call....The books are $20 plus tax. If you live out of town and want me to mail you a copy, you can mail a check for $25.60 to:

Lori Adams
P O Box 6021
Sitka, Alaska
99835


Down To Earth U-Pick Garden is located at 2103 Sawmill Creek Road in Sitka, Alaska. It is open usually from mid-June through late August. Hours are Monday-Saturday 12:00 to 6:30. On Farmer's Market Saturdays I am not open until 2:00. Children are welcome but may not run through the garden or chase the ducks. If you have any questions you can contact me, Lori Adams, at 907-747-6108 or 907-738-2241. My email address is downtoearthupick@gmail.com

Friday, September 21, 2012

Another Trip To The Beach

Today when I went to the beach I took Lucy with me....She loves going with me...


But I get irritated with her because all she wants to do is this...


And this...


It's just too tempting for her to resist...I hope she doesn't get sick tonight!  I swear, she has a cast iron stomach!

There were still some fish left but they were few and far in between and buried in the seaweed...


 Most of them where in pieces...sometimes just the head...


Sometimes just the tail...


And sometimes just the spine...


It's all good and I couldn't be choosey...


Sometimes I could distract Lucy with an irresistible stick...


Look how fierce she looks!  After she gnawed on the stick for a while I would throw it for her...even thought she can't see she still loves to run for it...just guessing what direction it's going to go and then correcting her course when she hears it land.  This is a pretty good beach for her..not many obstacles.

There is tons of great seaweed beach/mulch down there, but much of it is mixed with rocks and sticks which is annoying...


This is my favorite stuff....


Beautiful, beautiful minced up mulch!


I plan on getting truckloads of it later!  The push right now is to get the salmon, the mulch will be here all fall.


It was another good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment