THE U-Pick GARDEN will be closing August 20th. This will be the last year the garden will be open to the public. Next year I'll be operating as a CSA, supplying about 20 regular customers with weekly boxes. Thank you for your support over the last 8 years, but it's time to try something new.

To get a copy of my book, "How To Grow Vegetables In Sitka, Alaska" just give me a call....The books are $20 plus tax. If you live out of town and want me to mail you a copy, you can mail a check for $25.60 to:

Lori Adams
P O Box 6021
Sitka, Alaska
99835


Down To Earth U-Pick Garden is located at 2103 Sawmill Creek Road in Sitka, Alaska. It is open usually from mid-June through late August. Hours are Monday-Saturday 12:00 to 6:30. On Farmer's Market Saturdays I am not open until 2:00. Children are welcome but may not run through the garden or chase the ducks. If you have any questions you can contact me, Lori Adams, at 907-747-6108 or 907-738-2241. My email address is downtoearthupick@gmail.com

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Seattle Baby!

As I was flying out of Sitka last night I was thinking there shouldn't be much difference in climate between Sitka and Seattle. It's only 2 hours away. But it is different... A lot different!  It was 90 degrees here today.  I saw a blackberry bush growing up through a crack in the pavement.  I get it now... There's heat here. It takes heat to grow fruit.  We just don't have the heat. I flew over miles and miles of glaciated mountains.  I don't know how anything can live down there.  

I spent my first day in the big city shopping for a couch to go under that log cabin quilt I made this spring.  I felt a little like Goldilocks.... This one is too plain, this one is too expensive, this one is perfect!  It took most of the day but I finally picked  one out but I chose a different fabric do it won't be delivered until next month.

I tried to use a photo off my phone to put on the blog but it didn't work. I think I need to download an app or something.  I was impressed with this little gadget today.... I used it to find my way around quite a few times.

No comments:

Post a Comment