THE U-Pick GARDEN will be closing August 20th. This will be the last year the garden will be open to the public. Next year I'll be operating as a CSA, supplying about 20 regular customers with weekly boxes. Thank you for your support over the last 8 years, but it's time to try something new.

To get a copy of my book, "How To Grow Vegetables In Sitka, Alaska" just give me a call....The books are $20 plus tax. If you live out of town and want me to mail you a copy, you can mail a check for $25.60 to:

Lori Adams
P O Box 6021
Sitka, Alaska
99835


Down To Earth U-Pick Garden is located at 2103 Sawmill Creek Road in Sitka, Alaska. It is open usually from mid-June through late August. Hours are Monday-Saturday 12:00 to 6:30. On Farmer's Market Saturdays I am not open until 2:00. Children are welcome but may not run through the garden or chase the ducks. If you have any questions you can contact me, Lori Adams, at 907-747-6108 or 907-738-2241. My email address is downtoearthupick@gmail.com

Friday, August 24, 2012

Back At The Pool?

First thing this morning I headed down the the boat to shampoo the carpet, then I headed back home taking the long route through the coffee shop...Then I vacuumed the house and then I opened the garden.  After work I headed to the pool for Levi's first swim meet of the season.  That's right....Levi has rejoined the high school swim team after a 2 year break.

 photo from 2010
 photo from 2010

 photo from 2010

I thought our days of sweating in the bleachers with our eyes burning from the chemicals in the pool were gone forever, but we are back at it!

There were a few customers in the garden today.  It rained off and on, nothing major.   The raspberry bushes are loaded...and here I thought it was going to be a total crop failure!  They are a month late, but yummy as ever.  I have put up 2 of these containers in the freezer so far and plan to pick again tomorrow.  Customers pick some but they miss most of them...the ones that are hard to reach or hiding under leaves.


Finally, I spent the evening in my favorite spot, reading the paper. 


 All in all it was a good day!

2 comments: