THE U-Pick GARDEN will be closing August 20th. This will be the last year the garden will be open to the public. Next year I'll be operating as a CSA, supplying about 20 regular customers with weekly boxes. Thank you for your support over the last 8 years, but it's time to try something new.

To get a copy of my book, "How To Grow Vegetables In Sitka, Alaska" just give me a call....The books are $20 plus tax. If you live out of town and want me to mail you a copy, you can mail a check for $25.60 to:

Lori Adams
P O Box 6021
Sitka, Alaska
99835


Down To Earth U-Pick Garden is located at 2103 Sawmill Creek Road in Sitka, Alaska. It is open usually from mid-June through late August. Hours are Monday-Saturday 12:00 to 6:30. On Farmer's Market Saturdays I am not open until 2:00. Children are welcome but may not run through the garden or chase the ducks. If you have any questions you can contact me, Lori Adams, at 907-747-6108 or 907-738-2241. My email address is downtoearthupick@gmail.com

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

AURORA (Friday)

On Friday I headed over to Beaverton to visit another neice, Kim Adams.  She is an amazingly talented gal who works with photography, home decor and vintage items.  She can do anything!  Here is a photo of her with her family...


I don't know for sure but I think she took this photo.  We had a fun visit and had lunch at a great little deli.

After saying goodbye I stopped at a little antique store about a block away...


It wasn't a very big shop but they had fun things...




The owner of the shop serves tea parties and there is a cute little spot in the back for customers to sit....


Then I headed for Aurora.  Aurora is my absolute favorite place to shop for antiques. You can just park your car and walk from one great shop to another.  There are also a few fun places to eat, so it's possible to spend the entire day there and not need to even move your car!  There is one place that is my favorite, favorite, favorite....


They have TONS of stuff, it's organized and they are really helpful.  I love that they are not shy about buying inventory...they have many, many large architectural peices.  If you visit their store you need to allow several hours to be able to see everything.  They let me wander around in some back rooms where there were just piles and piles of treasures.  I think they were starting to wonder if I had gotten lost back there!








I mean, seriously, look at this stuff...



I found some great pillars there to use for legs on a kitchen island I'm working on...

They have stuff outside too....


I was really intrigued with these 7 foot long "drinking fountain troughs".  Apparently they were plumbed with 3 drinking spouts and one drain for each long trough.  They are really cool...


Here are some photos of the largest antique mall there...

They have three floors just packed with great stuff!


After shopping in Aurora I swung through Lafayette but didn't find anything of interest, so I headed my car for my Mom and Dad's house in Albany, Oregon.   I'll post more about that next time....

2 comments:

  1. That little tea place looks adorable!! And I feel a great need to go to Aurora soon. David got me a gift certificate to Monticello's for our anniversary; wasn't that nice of him? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were in that same spot last summer.....

    ReplyDelete