THE U-Pick GARDEN will be closing August 20th. This will be the last year the garden will be open to the public. Next year I'll be operating as a CSA, supplying about 20 regular customers with weekly boxes. Thank you for your support over the last 8 years, but it's time to try something new.

To get a copy of my book, "How To Grow Vegetables In Sitka, Alaska" just give me a call....The books are $20 plus tax. If you live out of town and want me to mail you a copy, you can mail a check for $25.60 to:

Lori Adams
P O Box 6021
Sitka, Alaska
99835


Down To Earth U-Pick Garden is located at 2103 Sawmill Creek Road in Sitka, Alaska. It is open usually from mid-June through late August. Hours are Monday-Saturday 12:00 to 6:30. On Farmer's Market Saturdays I am not open until 2:00. Children are welcome but may not run through the garden or chase the ducks. If you have any questions you can contact me, Lori Adams, at 907-747-6108 or 907-738-2241. My email address is downtoearthupick@gmail.com

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Family

The rest of my time down south was spent with my family.  Here is my parents, brother, sister and I....

photo courtesty of Melissa Kemple

They all live within a mile of each other...Here is another photo of just the 3 siblings....

photo courtesy of Melissa Kemple

Hilarious!!  This one is of all the Roth women....
photo courtesy of Melissa Kemple

Look at those beautiful great-neices of mine!!  They call me, "GAL". Great Aunt Lori.  I was fortunate to be able to see quite a few of my relatives while I was there.
On Wednesday, August 15 I headed for the Portland airport to fly home.  I took my time, drove through the country and stopped at a store or two on the way there.  This little shop in Salem really surprised me...


When I stepped inside I thought it was just a small shop, but as I explored I found it went on, and on, and on...going from one room to the next...It actually felt like it was never going to end!  


And it's just loaded with good things....antiques, new things, and handmade crafts all mixed together!


There is a tea room in the very, very back that looked very inviting...


And the ladies at the front counter were so friendly! 


  I wish I could have stayed longer and bought a few things, but I was on the way to the airport with my boxes already full, weighed and taped shut!  So off I went.  I made it to the airport in plenty of time, the flights went fine, and the guys seemed happy to have me back home.  The berries survived the trip alright.  A few bags thawed out, but they are going to be used for jam so it was of no consequence.  It's good to be home!


2 comments:

  1. I never would have guessed what's in that store based on the sign and entryway...never judge a book by its cover, I guess! And GREAT photos! I emailed them to you but they got bounced back to me...I will try again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!! Don't worry about the photos, I downloaded them from your blog and saved them on my computer.

    ReplyDelete