THE U-Pick GARDEN will be closing August 20th. This will be the last year the garden will be open to the public. Next year I'll be operating as a CSA, supplying about 20 regular customers with weekly boxes. Thank you for your support over the last 8 years, but it's time to try something new.

To get a copy of my book, "How To Grow Vegetables In Sitka, Alaska" just give me a call....The books are $20 plus tax. If you live out of town and want me to mail you a copy, you can mail a check for $25.60 to:

Lori Adams
P O Box 6021
Sitka, Alaska
99835


Down To Earth U-Pick Garden is located at 2103 Sawmill Creek Road in Sitka, Alaska. It is open usually from mid-June through late August. Hours are Monday-Saturday 12:00 to 6:30. On Farmer's Market Saturdays I am not open until 2:00. Children are welcome but may not run through the garden or chase the ducks. If you have any questions you can contact me, Lori Adams, at 907-747-6108 or 907-738-2241. My email address is downtoearthupick@gmail.com

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Ellensburg-Portland (Wednesday)

I spent most of this day on the road, but did swing back over to Tacoma ro visit the second location of Earth-wise.  It wasn't that great....the Seattle location is much, much better.  As I headed down I-5 toward Portland I felt fortunate to be escaping the Seattle area with only one parking ticket and having run over only one curb!  Not bad!

I stopped in Chehalis to check out their antique district.  I think it would be a great little place to spend the day....cute little places all on one street, but it was getting late so I didn't stay long.  Oh, and watch out for an angry woman in a dark blue car who has never, ever, ever made a mistake while driving.....I know she hasn't because she cast the first stone at me!  Sheesh!

The next stop was Kalama.  There was a large barn with antiques and a few cute shops- but in Kalama they take closing time so seriously....I didn't get to go inside any of them. 

Just before entering Oregon I may or may not have stopped into a little place for a snack hot off the line.  Someplace that rhythms with "Thrispy Threems".....but I'll never tell.

I arrived at David and Melissa Kemples house in the evening.  (Melissa is my neice.)  They have two beautiful children, Christian and Daphne. 


It was great to get in a good visit and see how much the kids have changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment