THE U-Pick GARDEN will be closing August 20th. This will be the last year the garden will be open to the public. Next year I'll be operating as a CSA, supplying about 20 regular customers with weekly boxes. Thank you for your support over the last 8 years, but it's time to try something new.

To get a copy of my book, "How To Grow Vegetables In Sitka, Alaska" just give me a call....The books are $20 plus tax. If you live out of town and want me to mail you a copy, you can mail a check for $25.60 to:

Lori Adams
P O Box 6021
Sitka, Alaska
99835


Down To Earth U-Pick Garden is located at 2103 Sawmill Creek Road in Sitka, Alaska. It is open usually from mid-June through late August. Hours are Monday-Saturday 12:00 to 6:30. On Farmer's Market Saturdays I am not open until 2:00. Children are welcome but may not run through the garden or chase the ducks. If you have any questions you can contact me, Lori Adams, at 907-747-6108 or 907-738-2241. My email address is downtoearthupick@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The Last Day

On July 16th we headed home. But before we left Albany we bagged up 2 bales of straw and threw them in back, and made one very important stop.....at Coastal Farm Supply where my brother, Brian works. We had to load up on duck food!


Don't judge me.  Duck food and straw are really expensive in Alaska. You have no idea.
(And yes, we looked like hicks.)


As we headed North to Seattle we took the Interstate.


It was by far the worst driving experience of the whole trip. As I mentioned before, we stayed on state highways for almost the entire trip....and for good reason.  The Interstate was hot, it was loud, it was fast, and the trucks were ridiculous!!!! I had been a little worried about wrecking the truck before we could get it home....and on that last leg of the journey I was downright paranoid.

 In Seattle we made our final stop at Washington Chain Supply to pick up some new anchor cable.


It was almost the straw that broke the camel's back!


Then we carefully drove the truck to Alaska Marine Barge Line, left it there to be shipped to Alaska, took a cab to SEA-TAC airport, and flew home.


Thumbs up for a successful, AWESOME, unforgettable trip.

I can't wait for the truck to get to Sitka!!

No comments:

Post a Comment