THE U-Pick GARDEN will be closing August 20th. This will be the last year the garden will be open to the public. Next year I'll be operating as a CSA, supplying about 20 regular customers with weekly boxes. Thank you for your support over the last 8 years, but it's time to try something new.

To get a copy of my book, "How To Grow Vegetables In Sitka, Alaska" just give me a call....The books are $20 plus tax. If you live out of town and want me to mail you a copy, you can mail a check for $25.60 to:

Lori Adams
P O Box 6021
Sitka, Alaska
99835


Down To Earth U-Pick Garden is located at 2103 Sawmill Creek Road in Sitka, Alaska. It is open usually from mid-June through late August. Hours are Monday-Saturday 12:00 to 6:30. On Farmer's Market Saturdays I am not open until 2:00. Children are welcome but may not run through the garden or chase the ducks. If you have any questions you can contact me, Lori Adams, at 907-747-6108 or 907-738-2241. My email address is downtoearthupick@gmail.com

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Brrrrr

It was cold but nice today so I made myself go outside and to get some things done before it starts freezing up on us again.  One of the things was to spread some seashell sand on top of my beds.  Carolyn and I gathered some for our gardens last week and I just never got to it earlier...


I just love this stuff, but it is heavy to pack around so it takes a long time to get enough in my beds.  Most of my beds have enough in them, but I have added so much new material to then this fall that I wanted to add some more seashell sand too.


If you look around you can see beauty in even a dead garden....


The ducks are happy...


I've got the stock tank heater in the duck pool, so now if it freezes I am ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment