THE U-Pick GARDEN will be closing August 20th. This will be the last year the garden will be open to the public. Next year I'll be operating as a CSA, supplying about 20 regular customers with weekly boxes. Thank you for your support over the last 8 years, but it's time to try something new.

To get a copy of my book, "How To Grow Vegetables In Sitka, Alaska" just give me a call....The books are $20 plus tax. If you live out of town and want me to mail you a copy, you can mail a check for $25.60 to:

Lori Adams
P O Box 6021
Sitka, Alaska
99835


Down To Earth U-Pick Garden is located at 2103 Sawmill Creek Road in Sitka, Alaska. It is open usually from mid-June through late August. Hours are Monday-Saturday 12:00 to 6:30. On Farmer's Market Saturdays I am not open until 2:00. Children are welcome but may not run through the garden or chase the ducks. If you have any questions you can contact me, Lori Adams, at 907-747-6108 or 907-738-2241. My email address is downtoearthupick@gmail.com

Monday, October 7, 2013

Pacific High

Pacific High is the Alternative High School here in Sitka. Today, some of the members of their cooking class came out to the garden to pick vegetables for their kitchen. Now, as you know, the U-Pick Garden is actually closed for the year, but the garden keeps pumping out produce, and I am happy to support schools that want to use local produce, so I said, "Come on over!"

 Here's Mandy and the boys....



We picked Kale, Cabbage, Parsley, Rhubarb, Leeks, Broccoli, Celery, Tomatoes, Lemon Sorrel, Cucumbers, Radishes, Cauliflower, Carrots, Swiss Chard, and Sunflower Seed Heads....



 When we picked the carrots I let them take the big ones and then nestled the little ones into tubs of dirt....


I have special plans for them later in the month.

After the kids left I headed back to the beach.....there are still a few fish left....

SEE NO EVIL

 HEAR NO EVIL

 SPEAK NO EVIL




No comments:

Post a Comment