So now we have to haul it ourselves.
2. One day this summer when I was driving out the road I noticed this cloud over Mt. Edgecombe, our local extinct volcano....
3. I love dehydrated carrots. They are SO delicious!
But I prefer them at the "rubbery" stage and this particular batch went a little too long....they are kind of hard to chew....
4. When I travel anywhere in the lower 48 I notice that everyone's luggage looks pretty normal, the closer I get to home the more unusual it starts to look, and by the time I get to Sitka it's looks downright odd...
5. A friend of mine recently gave me a Spiral Cutter for vegetables, so Mr. Adams and I took it out for a ride the other day and made some Zucchini "pasta".
Look how long this "noodle" turned out to be!
Zucchini pasta is SO DELICIOUS! You can't even tell it's not pasta!
6. Here's what Levi's room looks like right now....don't tell him.
Do you think he will be upset when he comes home for Thanksgiving vacation?
7. This is my Dad's pickup. He bought it on the day my little sister started Kindergarten.
Everybody in the valley recognizes it and wants it.
8. My neighbor has 2 ducks. They are Rouens - a large breed that look just like mallards, only larger. When I was out of town recently they wandered up to my place. The housesitter thought they were my ducks and called me while she frantically tried to herd them back inside the fence. "She said, they just don't want to go back in!"... which is strange for my ducks. They are always easy to herd because they want back in the safety zone. I told her, "That's weird....maybe they're not mine....are there 19 ducks inside the fence?" About that time she said,"Oh no, they just took off flying!" Well, then I KNEW that they weren't mine. One ended up inside the fence and one outside the fence.....oh dear...the neighbor showed up about that time to take care of the situation.
I still laugh once in a while when I think about her trying to "herd" the neighbor's ducks INTO my yard and her confusion when they didn't want to go!!
9. Mr. Adams' recent Sheep hunt in Colorado was really challenging...
Does that look like fun to you?
10. I'll do almost anything to get a good photo for this blog.
photo courtesy of Carolyn Nichols