THE U-Pick GARDEN will be closing August 20th. This will be the last year the garden will be open to the public. Next year I'll be operating as a CSA, supplying about 20 regular customers with weekly boxes. Thank you for your support over the last 8 years, but it's time to try something new.

To get a copy of my book, "How To Grow Vegetables In Sitka, Alaska" just give me a call....The books are $20 plus tax. If you live out of town and want me to mail you a copy, you can mail a check for $25.60 to:

Lori Adams
P O Box 6021
Sitka, Alaska
99835


Down To Earth U-Pick Garden is located at 2103 Sawmill Creek Road in Sitka, Alaska. It is open usually from mid-June through late August. Hours are Monday-Saturday 12:00 to 6:30. On Farmer's Market Saturdays I am not open until 2:00. Children are welcome but may not run through the garden or chase the ducks. If you have any questions you can contact me, Lori Adams, at 907-747-6108 or 907-738-2241. My email address is downtoearthupick@gmail.com

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Darned Ducks...

Sorry I've missed a few posts. Mom pulled a bonehead move (love you mom) and took the camera with her.   Connie has been so kind as to take some pictures with her phone, so I have something to blog about. Speaking of which...

This is the barren patch where a duck got into the garlic row...


So Connie, in a stroke of brilliant logic, got some greens in an attempt to pacify them. We'll see if it works.


I sure am glad she's around to take care of things for me.

2 comments:

  1. how is your weather....? lately?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been HORRIBLE, but it's taken a turn for the better, thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete