THE U-Pick GARDEN will be closing August 20th. This will be the last year the garden will be open to the public. Next year I'll be operating as a CSA, supplying about 20 regular customers with weekly boxes. Thank you for your support over the last 8 years, but it's time to try something new.

To get a copy of my book, "How To Grow Vegetables In Sitka, Alaska" just give me a call....The books are $20 plus tax. If you live out of town and want me to mail you a copy, you can mail a check for $25.60 to:

Lori Adams
P O Box 6021
Sitka, Alaska
99835


Down To Earth U-Pick Garden is located at 2103 Sawmill Creek Road in Sitka, Alaska. It is open usually from mid-June through late August. Hours are Monday-Saturday 12:00 to 6:30. On Farmer's Market Saturdays I am not open until 2:00. Children are welcome but may not run through the garden or chase the ducks. If you have any questions you can contact me, Lori Adams, at 907-747-6108 or 907-738-2241. My email address is downtoearthupick@gmail.com

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Random Points Of Interest From The Day

This is what a traffic jam looks like here downtown...


These photos were taken last week
 
Ha ha!!  I've seen ducks on the road by the lake before, but this is definitely the most I've seen at one time!

Lucy barked again last night, so at 2:00 am I had to bring her in again.  I figured there HAD to be a bear hibernating in our woods, so today I paid a visit to all my surrounding neighbors to warn them and apologize for my annoying dog.  Most of them said that they hadn't even heard her barking!  But I found out that one of the neighbors has actually been seeing a bear walking through their yard during the night for the past 2 weeks.

I submitted my final "Gardening In Sitka" column to the newspaper this week and it appeared in tonight's paper.  It will be so nice to not have a deadline each week to come up with something worth reading.  Now, the next project is to put all the columns into a book and try to have it ready by next March.  As if I don't already have enough projects!

Levi and I hit the school wood shop again today and finished working up the paneling boards.  The next step in that project is to put them up on the wall.  I think will have to wait until next year.

An eagle was lurking in the top of the trees here by the house today drooling over the ducks.  It made me nervous and the ducks were all huddled in the pool in the hutch, so I went and locked them in.  I am so glad I did because while Levi and I were at the school Lucy slipped out of her collar again and got into the garden.  I can tell from her footprints that she had a great time....eating spent grain from the bucket, eating compost, roaming all over the place.  Probably scared the ducks to death!

I'm off to the airport to pick up Mr. Adams.  He has been in Anchorage for meetings.  He was there during the recent earthquake.....he said it really rocked and rolled for about 30 seconds.  No damage though.


Goodnight!


No comments:

Post a Comment