THE U-Pick GARDEN will be closing August 20th. This will be the last year the garden will be open to the public. Next year I'll be operating as a CSA, supplying about 20 regular customers with weekly boxes. Thank you for your support over the last 8 years, but it's time to try something new.

To get a copy of my book, "How To Grow Vegetables In Sitka, Alaska" just give me a call....The books are $20 plus tax. If you live out of town and want me to mail you a copy, you can mail a check for $25.60 to:

Lori Adams
P O Box 6021
Sitka, Alaska
99835


Down To Earth U-Pick Garden is located at 2103 Sawmill Creek Road in Sitka, Alaska. It is open usually from mid-June through late August. Hours are Monday-Saturday 12:00 to 6:30. On Farmer's Market Saturdays I am not open until 2:00. Children are welcome but may not run through the garden or chase the ducks. If you have any questions you can contact me, Lori Adams, at 907-747-6108 or 907-738-2241. My email address is downtoearthupick@gmail.com

Friday, November 13, 2015

A Little Adventure Part 2- "That Which Goes Up, Must Come Down"

After soaking up the spectacular view for an hour or so, it was time to head back down.


 It looks a little bit like Levi's stepping off the edge of the world here....




I must say, going down was a lot more difficult than going up.



Somehow,  there were  lot more steps on the way down than there were on the way up!



Here's a helpful tip: clip your toenails in the morning before you hike downhill.


At the base of the mountain we paused and marveled at the beautiful ruins.


And then we headed down to spend some time exploring....



Incredible.


We didn't have a tour guide.....I think we should have hired one....it would have enhanced the experience. But it was very cool.


Some reconstruction is still going on.


 The stonework defies comprehension.





This happened.


I hate to think what all happened on this stone down through the years....


 These guys were roaming around unconcerned....





Are they Llamas or Alpacas?


By now we were totally exhausted, so we made our way through the mind bogglingly long queue for the bus and headed back to Aguas Calientes.

There we found a nice little place for dinner....

guacamole and home made tortilla chips

 llama tenderloin and the ubiquitous rice and potatoes

 chicken

 .....and then we collapsed in bed!!!


2 comments:

  1. Great pictures Lori and sounds like an awesome trip. I spent 2 weeks in Peru in 1999 and hiked about 100 miles along portion of the Inca trail. It was probably my all time favorite trip. I would love to go back. The Andes and Machu Picchu are amazing. Would love to hear more about your trip sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiking up that mountain was quite a stretch for me... I can't imagine hiking 100 miles!! Good for you! You really got to experience the country that way.

      Delete