THE U-Pick GARDEN will be closing August 20th. This will be the last year the garden will be open to the public. Next year I'll be operating as a CSA, supplying about 20 regular customers with weekly boxes. Thank you for your support over the last 8 years, but it's time to try something new.

To get a copy of my book, "How To Grow Vegetables In Sitka, Alaska" just give me a call....The books are $20 plus tax. If you live out of town and want me to mail you a copy, you can mail a check for $25.60 to:

Lori Adams
P O Box 6021
Sitka, Alaska
99835


Down To Earth U-Pick Garden is located at 2103 Sawmill Creek Road in Sitka, Alaska. It is open usually from mid-June through late August. Hours are Monday-Saturday 12:00 to 6:30. On Farmer's Market Saturdays I am not open until 2:00. Children are welcome but may not run through the garden or chase the ducks. If you have any questions you can contact me, Lori Adams, at 907-747-6108 or 907-738-2241. My email address is downtoearthupick@gmail.com

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Whoa!.......Slow Down A Little Bit!

The last 2 weeks have just been busy, busy, busy!! And the hours have been brutal! I was lucky if I got one meal a day squeezed in.  There were deliveries....



Picking and harvesting...




Dog walking.....


And tinkering on old trucks...



My neighbor was showing me how it's done.


And then yesterday I looked around and I was shocked at how bare the garden is starting to look. There are blank spots and weeds where there used to be vegetables! What happened?




 And then, today was the Farmer's market. I sold out of the truck today.... outside.


And of course the wind blew and the rain fell...


But it was still fun.

When I finally got home I as exhausted......so I crashed on the couch to watch a movie and started to eat. I just ate and ate. And then, when I returned drove into town to return the movies I sneaked through the drive-thru at McDonald's and grabbed 2 burgers. I guess I was making up for all the lost meals this week.

Good grief....I think tomorrow I'll take the day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment