And Tomatoes! ..........are just a few of the things.
But the most wonderful thing of all is...................The Garlic is ready!!!!!!!!!
And is it beautiful!?!?!?!?!!
Here's a little tutorial on how to pick garlic....
HOW TO PICK GARLIC
1. Choose a Garlic plant that is mature. That is kind of hard to do...it has alot to do with what kind of weather we have been having. Normally, a mature plant has more dead leaves than live ones.
2. Place a trowel about 4 inches from the Garlic stalk. Be sure the trowel is exactly straight up and down, not at an angle, and shove it down into the ground as far as you are able to reach.
If you shove the trowel down at an angle you will probably chop the Garlic bulb in half.
3. Pry the trowel up with one hand while you pull up on the Garlic plant stalk with the other hand.
I had to use my other hand to take the photo
4. Knock the majority of the dirt off the Garlic bulb with the trowel over the garden bed.
5. Trim the roots with a scissors to about 1 inch long.
6. Cut the Garlic stalk off with a sharp knife, leaving a stump about 3-4 inches long.
7. Blast the dirt out of the roots, and the soggy outer layers of skin off the bulb with a spray nozzle.
p.s. I kept the biggest ones for myself.