THE U-Pick GARDEN will be closing August 20th. This will be the last year the garden will be open to the public. Next year I'll be operating as a CSA, supplying about 20 regular customers with weekly boxes. Thank you for your support over the last 8 years, but it's time to try something new.

To get a copy of my book, "How To Grow Vegetables In Sitka, Alaska" just give me a call....The books are $20 plus tax. If you live out of town and want me to mail you a copy, you can mail a check for $25.60 to:

Lori Adams
P O Box 6021
Sitka, Alaska
99835


Down To Earth U-Pick Garden is located at 2103 Sawmill Creek Road in Sitka, Alaska. It is open usually from mid-June through late August. Hours are Monday-Saturday 12:00 to 6:30. On Farmer's Market Saturdays I am not open until 2:00. Children are welcome but may not run through the garden or chase the ducks. If you have any questions you can contact me, Lori Adams, at 907-747-6108 or 907-738-2241. My email address is downtoearthupick@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Nervous

Not too long ago I saw this adorable baby sweater on the Posie Gets Cozy Blog and decided that I just had to make one....


And today I finished it! Of course I see everything in color so mine doesn't look exactly like hers.

 First I made the whole sweater without the buttonhole placket in the front...


Then I marked the placket opening and sewed two parallel reinforcement lines with my sewing machine.

Now this is where I got nervous....I cut between the line with my scissors!


WHOA!!! 


That was scary!!  Next I crocheted the placket complete with buttonholes...


And then came the fun part....picking out the buttons! Should I go with these?


Or these....


Or these?


Or should I go with metal buttons?  No...too heavy.


Too bad there's only 2 of these...


Or THESE!!!  Although they are a little girlie.


I finally made my decision and sewed them in place.


Oh yeah.....that's what I'm talking about!


Too bad it doesn't look good on the cat...


I guess I'll just have to give it to a friend that's expecting a baby boy in a few months!

3 comments:

  1. Kitty cat looks TOTALLY thrilled! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, i love reading your blog, you are so talented, of course you had a wonderful teacher and mother :) the cat looks so excited for you to take the picture too funny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Melisa...and it's so true that anything creativity I have I got from my wonderful mother!

    ReplyDelete